Upgrading your Android can be an unpleasant experience that needs a great deal of persistence, depending upon the gadget you own and the provider you’re with.
Usually when a brand-new variation of Android begins presenting, it does not strike every gadget at the exact same time– it depends a lot on your area. The procedure can use up to a couple of weeks, however there are methods to guarantee you get the upgrade quicker.
Most of users typically wait till they get an alert on their handset which signals them the brand-new upgrade is readily available for download. You do not have to. Simply utilize the “look for updates” button in Settings, which has actually been just recently upgraded to assist you get the brand-new software application a lot quicker.
Follow these actions to by hand Look for Updates on your Android gadget (a OnePlus 5T was utilized for the function of this tutorial):.
1. Open the Settings app either using the app icon or by tapping the gear-shaped settings button in the notice bar.
2. Scroll down all the method to the bottom till you reach the System menu.
3. Tap on System Updates.
4. Tap on Look For Updates to see if you have something brand-new.
Various producers do things in a different way, so for instance, if you own a Samsung phone you’ll see things are organized a bit in a different way.
1. Open the Settings app on your Samsung phone.
2. Try to find the devoted Software application Update area and tap on it.
3. Tap on Download updates by hand to look for updates.
It deserves discussing that the performance of the “look for updates” button has actually altered in current months. Now when you tap that button, the system will acknowledge this it’s a user-initiated procedure and if a brand-new software application variation is readily available, you’ll get it instantly.
In the past, the button didn’t do much to accelerate things along, so some restless users turned to sideloading the OTA updates. This should not be needed any longer.